Interior Architect/Architectural Designer – 6 Month Maternity Leave Contract
We are currently seeking a talented Interior Architect to interpret and design exhibition spaces in collaboration with our creative team.
– 6 month maternity leave contract with the possibility of extension
– A broad range of projects
– Strong Vectorworks and Photoshop 2D/3D skills
Tasks will include:
- Undertake site audits and initial surveys.
- Design research and development, generating ideas and options for schemes/layouts.
- Design of floor plan layouts, furniture, interactives, sign structures and other items in line with the scope of works.
- Preparation of technical drawings, tender and construction drawings as required.
- Producing material and finishes schedules and specifications where required.
- Preparing client presentations, to include 2D drawings, mood boards, material samples, 3D imagery and high level presentation packages.
- Start – end project management of installations, including programming, site visits/inspections, and management of client site team / sub-contractors through to project completion.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with and between clients, suppliers and other team members.
- Other office and administrative duties as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a creative role.
- Excellent technical drawing skills.
- Good hand sketching skills.
- Good material and structural understanding for exhibition build.
- Creativity in thinking and design approach.
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for shape, form and colour.
- The ability to clearly interpret and understand a given brief and collaborating with others to achieve client objectives.
- Confidence and ability in dealing with/managing clients, suppliers and trades.
- Ability to self-manage tasks in an organised manner, and to communicate effectively.
- Present professionally with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate commitment to the role, and enjoy working as a part of a small team.
- Proficient in Vectorworks 2D (at minimum), InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
To apply for this great opportunity, please submit your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org (max 6MB).